In preparation for an enjoyable day out, here is some useful information to help make your experience an awesome one.
Getting there and home safely
Please make sure you’ve made the necessary arrangements to safely get to and from the event. More details on how to get to The Cliffs and transport options can be found here.
Make your day completely hassle free by letting the team at Tranzit Coachlines take care of your transport to and from our Wairarapa Harvest Festival this year.
Tranzit is once again our official transport partner and will be running Harvest shuttle transfers from Martinborough, Featherston, Greytown, Carterton and Masterton.
If you have not booked your shuttle ticket yet, please click here (link to come) to ensure you are safely delivered and so you can have a wonderful day.
Note: anyone 4 years and over will require a ticket, children aged 0-3 will not require a ticket as long as they are not occupying a seat (ie. They will need to site on the lap of their parent/caregiver).
If you have a large group travelling together, you can call Tranzit on 0800 471 227 to organise a private charter.
Once you arrive
All regional shuttle passengers will be dropped directly at the event site.
If driving to the event you will be directed to car parking, then buses will be running on loops from 10.45am to take you from the car parking area to the event site – for health and safety reasons we cannot let people walk to or from the event site.
The Harvest Festival starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm.
Conditions of entry
- Entry will be by ticket only. Everyone 4yrs and over will require a valid event ticket. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Wairarapa Wines Harvest Festival is a supervised event. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- This ticket is non-transferable.
- Right of Admission Reserved – In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission and refund the ticket value.
- Admission is at Ticket Holders own risk. The Organiser will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at this event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons.
- Ticket holders' consent to being filmed and/or photographed for possible use in promotional material.
- No glass bottles, cans, alcohol, or food of any kind may be brought into this event. Empty water bottles may be brought in to fill with the free water available.
- Anyone who looks under 25 years of age will be required to provide proof of age when entering the site to receive a glass and be allowed to purchase alcohol. This must take the form of one of the following types of identification:
- HANZ 18+Card
- New Zealand Driver’s License,
- New Zealand or Foreign Passports
- In addition, each vendor will recheck the purchaser’s age if they feel unsure.
- Intoxicated persons will not be served alcohol and will be required to leave the event.
- The Ticket Holder will be required to leave the venue if he or she:
- Engages in conduct, which unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of the event by the patrons
- Hampers or impedes the conduct of the event
- Breaches any by-laws or orders applicable to the venue.
- Security screening of everyone entering the venue and their bags to ensure no prohibited items are brought into the festival, including alcohol or other bottled liquids.
To bring or not to bring…
- We will be using Wayver, RFID wristbands, to make Harvest Festival a cash free event. There will be a booth where you can top up your Wayver wristband.
- Things you may want to think about bringing to Harvest Festival:
- picnic blanket
- empty water bottle
- sun hat
- your fun festival attitude
- We ask that you do not bring:
- food or beverages
- umbrellas or furniture
Download the programme
As part of our efforts to look after our environment, we have decided not to print programmes this year. There will be a downloadable version of the pdf available on our website a week out from the event, we recommend you download this in advance. In addition, there will be signage to assist you in navigating the site on the day.
Let us Entertainment You
We’ve got an awesome line up planned for you. Sit back and enjoy or get up on your feet and make the most of the party. Visit our website for details of the line-up.
Do you have a self-contained Motorhome or Caravan?
Make the most of our beautiful, sheltered riverside location and stay the weekend! There are assorted options available for sites adjacent to the Festival. Both riverside and sheltered paddock sites are available and will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis. All self-contained motorhomes are welcome however depending on the size of the vehicle owners may be directed to specific allocated sites.
We are asking people to register for sites so that we can monitor demand. To register please complete the form on the website.
To be kept up to date with the latest news and announcements like our Facebook page.